A Shanda of Staggering Proportions
Shanda: (noun) A Yiddish word describing a feeling of shame, humiliation or dishonor
While the Holocaust survivor population is dwindling, the remaining survivors are aging and increasingly need greater levels of service. Current funding to support survivors in the greater Tampa Bay region is provided by the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany, the Florida Department of Financial Services and private donations.
But the cost of providing the full range of services that our area survivors desperately need are outweighed by the dollars allocated.
The following organizations have joined together to address this serious situation and provide more support to survivors in the region:
• Tampa Jewish Community Centers and Federation
• Gulf Coast Jewish Family & Community Services
• Tampa Jewish Family Services
Your generous contribution is vital; your dollars make a great difference:
• $5,000 provides four hours of home care per week for one year plus related client case management.
• $180 helps with five baths, laundry, light housekeeping or financial assistance and food.
• $72 gives three hours of companionship and transportation to a medical appointment.
• $36 supports two hours of meal preparation.
Any amount helps. For more information please contact Pamela Garron at 813.739.1688.